About DR P.K. Mishra
Born in 1965, Dr. Mishra got his PhD degree in Chemistry, from Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. With a brief stint as a Lecturer from 1990-1992 he entered into his entrepreneurial endeavor along with two of his friends, the result of which was Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) (www.kiit.ac.in) in 1992 with 12 students and 2 staff members which was declared a deemed university in 2004 with a student strength of 10,000 and staff strength of around 2000. He had the honour of being the first Pro-Chancellor of KIIT Deemed University from 2004-2006. Dr. Mishra has the distinction of joining the prestigious International Visitors Leadership Programme IVLP 2007 organized by the Department of State, USA in 2007.
On the request of some NRI friends, he started Knowledge Trust (KT) (www.knowledge.org.in) in the year 2006 along with few of his friends and well wishers from USA. Within 6years of existence TempleCity Institute of Technology and Engineering (TITE) (www.tite.ac.in) under KT became one of the most sought after engineering college in the State of Odisha with 50% of the students coming from all over the eastern part of India. TITE is also one of the few colleges to have established linkages with academicians from top universities in US, Canada, Japan & UK.
With an objective of using IT as an enabler for management of education complexes and universities, Dr. Mishra co-founded Kalingasoft (www.kalingasoft.com) in the year 1999 and was one of the few individuals and organizations to have introduced Wi-Fi Technology & ERP in educational institutes in the 90’s.
Thus during 1992 to 2006 Dr. Mishra co-founded and successfully managed the following organisations:
- KIIT Society and KIIT University, Bhubaneswar (1992 – 2006.); www.kiit.ac.in
- Kalingasoft, Bhubaneswar (1999 – 2012); www.kalingasoft.com
- Knowledge Trust and TITE (2006 – cont.); www.tite.ac.in
Dr. Mishra in 2006 with his experience and expertise of establishing professional universities & institutes was invited by high net worth individuals & organisations to establish high quality educational institutes & universities in the country. The result..
- Don Bosco University, Guwahati, Assam 
- Techno India NJR Institute of Technology, Udaipur, Rajasthan 
- Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam [2007 – cont.] www.kazirangauniversity.in
- Post Doctoral Fellow, CSIR, Govt. of India, New Delhi – 1991
- Ph.D. (Chemistry), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar – 1990
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar – 1987
- JRF and SRF, CSIR 1987-1990
- Research Work in Bhabha atomic Research Centre, Mumbai and Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- Selected for INDO-Czechoslovakia Fellowship 1990
- Selected for INDO-USSR Fellowship 1990
- International Visitor Leadership Program-IVLP, USA, 2006
- Internationalisation at home: Strategies for building global, international and inter-cultural competencies, 5-6-7 April 2018
Seminar, Conference and Workshops
Dr. Mishra has been involved in a large number of academic conferences and workshops in the capacity of Patron or Organizing Chair. Few worth mentioning are
- International Conference on Distributed Computing and Internet Technology (ICDCIT)
- International Conference on Information Technology (CIT)
- National Workshop on Ubiquitous Computing
- International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM), 2000
- Solvent Extraction of Zirconium (IV) from Thiocyanet and Hydrochloric Acid Solutions by LIX-26 and DOSO. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. RadiochimicaActa, 47, 235 – 237, 1989.
- Tetrameric Zirconium (IV) complexes with Bidentate Ligands. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty and K.C. Dash. Indian J. Chem, 28A, 581 – 584, 1989.
- Solvent Extractions of Zirconium and Niobium from HCl Solutions by Aliquat 336/Alamine 336 and DOSO mixtures.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhatacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry (Articles), 131, 281 – 287, 1989.
- Extractions of Zirconium (IV) from HCl Solutions by mixtures of Aliquat 336 and Alamine 336 with TBP. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakravortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry (Articles), 134, 259 – 264, 1989.
- Extraction of Zirconium (IV) and separation of 95Zr-95Nb from Acidic Thiocyanate Media by LIX 54 and its mixture with TBP. P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. Radichimica Acts, 49, 45 – 48, 1990.
- Schiff base Complexes of Zirconium (IV) derived from Zr (acac)4.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash.TransitionMet. Chem., 16, 73 – 75, 1991.
- Extraction and Separation of Zr, Nb and Hf by Aliquat 336 and mixture with TOPO from Acidic Thiocyanatemedia.P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty, K.C. Dash, N.R. Das and S.N. Bhattacharyya. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry, Articles, 162, 289 – 298, 1992.
- Extraction of Thorium (IV) by Cyanex Reagents, PC-88A and their mixture from Aqueous Hydrochloric Acid Media. K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash.RadiochimicaActa, 62, 203 – 206, 1993.
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction of Uranium (VI) by Cyanex 301/Alamine 308 and their mixtures with TBP/DDSO.K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash. J. Radional Nuclear Chemistry, Articles – 181, 3 – 10, 1994.
- Macrocyclic Complexes of Dioxouranium (VI).K.C. Rout, P.K. Mishra, V. Chakrabortty and K.C. Dash.Indian J. Chem., 33A, 673 – 675, 1994.
Projects in Reality
KIIT Group of Institutions and KIIT - Deemed University, one of the premier institutions not only in Orissa but also in the eastern region of India starting with an ITI centre and subsequently expanded its array of programmes that includes Degree & Diploma in Engineering, Masters in Technology, MCA, MBA, Medicine, Law, Biotechnology, etc. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status. The academic excellence, with massive infrastructure and manpower strength has enabled it to become the youngest institute to be accorded Deemed University status in India in 2004.
KIIT also became the youngest member of Association of Commonwealth Universities . Dr. Mishra has been associated with Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology as its Co-Founder Promoter and Treasurer from 1992. He was the first Pro Chancellor of KIIT University in 2004. His responsibilities at KIIT included, International Programme Coordination, Corporate Relation, Collaboration with National and Foreign Universities/Institutes of repute, ICT Infrastructure development, National/International Seminars/Workshops, Research & Development, Consultancy, etc. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology has recorded phenomenal growth within a short span of time, making it the fastest-growing educational hub in the country. Today the institute has 16 campuses - each dedicated to a distinct academic program - located in an area of 300 acres. As many as 15000 students are enrolled here full time, with 3000 staff members.
Knowledge Trust, a brain child of Dr.P.K.Mishra with a group of accomplished promoters with excellent professional track record, has been established in 2006 with a mission to address demand-supply gap of quality technical and managerial personnel.
Knowledge Trust endeavors to pioneering promotion of quality education, nationally and internationally, with a series of innovative activities embracing latest technology and ensuring adequate growth potential for all stakeholders. The Trust also aspires to be a catalyst for social development in the State of Orissa and other parts of the country. Presently, Knowledge Trust promotes two educational institutions (an intermediate science college and an engineering college) and a development consultancy unit. Two more management institutes will start functioning soon.
Kalinga Software Private Limited (started as a sister concern of KIIT) an ISO 9001 certified company has been promoted by academicians and education experts with a vision to create a sustained competitive edge for its clients through innovative and need centric solutions to facilitate effective education management. KSPL wasestablished with an objective to provide low cost computer based solutions to small and medium sector business enterprises. Kalingasoft is an innovator and thought leader in the area of education management and has delivered world-class products and services to its customers.
Kalingasoft under the leadership of Dr. Mishra is builton a deep understanding of the education sector, extensive experience and ability to deploy the best of class solutions to solve customer problems individually or through its partners. Kalingasoft has been identified as an ISV partner by IBM for its institute management system solutions - Advanced Level status. Since its inception 10 yearsback by Dr. Mishra (Founder Chairman) Kalingasoft has provided end to end education consulting and technology implementation support to the entire spectrum of education domain. Kalingasoft has implemented its best of the breed educational ERP packages - "Greycells" and "e-IMS" in more than 75 educational institutes including universities, colleges and schools. Its product range encompasses the entire spectrum of communication solutions and interactive media applications, with a highly focused and user centric interface. Its clientele include BSNL, Adam Smith Institute, UK, DPEP, Government of Orissa, OSDMA and Department of Post and Telegraph to name a few.
Don Bosco University is a project of the Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) executed by Don Bosco Society, Azara,Guwahati. Don Bosco University aims at excellence in teaching & formation and seeks to realize a vibrant campusministry program.
Dr. Mishra has the distinction of being associated with the establishment of Don BoscoUniversity, the first Private University in Assam. Dr. Mishra has provided end to end education consulting and technology implementation support to the entire spectrum of the education domains for DBU. He has also provided the key strategic inputs for Human Resource Policy, International and National Collaborations, and other need-centric solutions to facilitate effective education management.
Two established business groups - the Khetan Group & the Goel Group intend to set up an excellent university at Jorhat, Assam for the welfare and development of the north-east in specific and the country in general. Dr.Mishra's association with the establishment of Kaziranga University (www.kazirangauniversity.in) as the Chief Academic and ManagementAdvisor has made the process faster
The Kaziranga University is functional from the 2012 academic session with an intake of 500 students in Engineering and Business education. The University is functioning in a state-of-the-art 50 acre residential fully air-conditioned academic campus. Dr. Mishra has been responsible for developing the project since 2009. He is currently the President of the NEKF which has established KU. As President of the foundation, he is responsible for the overall growth and management of the Kaziranga University and other Educational Ventures promoted by NEKF from time to time.
Techno India NJR Institute of Technology (TINJRIT) was set us by Navdeep Jitendra Ranawat (NJR) Charitable Foundation in association with Techno India group (www.technoindiagroup.com) in the year 2008 in Rajasthan. Techno India NJR Institute of Technology is an institute dedicated to tertiary education in Engineering andTechnology. Dr Mishra has been instrumental in setting up this institute.
The latest in the line of accomplishments is the 'University of Corporate Excellence', a world-class Universityconceived on a state- of-the-art format, in the background of mounting global corporate need and leadershipvacuum in macro-management. The UCE proposes to harness the power of law, technology and management tocreate a unique model of corporate strategy where a technocrat is as much a manager as a corporate lawyer.
Similarly, a manager is as much a lawyer and techno-savvy processional as a technocrat. A lawyer who passed out from the portals of UCE has seen a techno-savvy professional with a penchant for management. The complex underpinnings of the venture have been worked out conceptually by Kellogg think tank Prof. BalaBalachandran (Founder of Chennai's Great Lake School of Management), Dubai-Kolkata based builder-philanthrope RavindraChamaria and Dr. P.K.Mishra. The project is well on its way with a full backstopping arrangement under the vigilant eye of the forward-looking Government of Odisha. The Rs. 600 Crores project when completed will be the management hub of the East.
Infinity Knowledge city; the signature project of Infinity InfoTech Parks Ltd, is a diversified conglomerate withinterests in Infrastructure, IT, Educational Complexes and Townships. Moreover, an educational entrepreneur willnot have to invest in creating a host of facilities like sports complex, residential accommodation, shopping,medical, entertainment and other essential services for education viz. library, labs, research centers, conventioncomplex, etc.
as they would be available through shared services provided by Infinity Knowledge City. Infinity Knowledge City would be the world's first evergreen "university". Since much green is not available within city limits, Infinity Knowledge City would be located within drivable distance from cities, where land is plentiful, affordable and green. Dr. Mishra is serving as the president of Infinity Knowledge City Projects Pvt. Ltd to support IIPL to create such knowledge economies in India and other countries.